10.17.2013

contest entry options

My first potential entry into an illustration competition is an illustration I did of Wednesday Adams. I used mauve colored Canson paper as a base, hadowed with Prismacolor grey tones, and color with Prismacolor colored pencils. This is one of my favorite conceptual illustrations from school. The idea is that this is Wednesday's reaction to bringing home the new Adam's baby.


My second contest option is this image I manipulated in Photoshop. I took a photo of this building during the day (see below), created a night time scene, and painted the photo so that it looked like lights were on and illuminating the trees.  

Original photo.


Another possible contest entry. This is a charcoal illustration I did to pay homage to various fairytales. It's a bit like a photo hunt to find and identify each piece that comes from a story. This would be for the Forsaken Nature competition.




No comments:

Post a Comment